The ISIC Award recognises and rewards organisations working on a global scale to reduce social, economic and cultural barriers and increase access to education. The ISIC Award is awarded annually as part of a special ceremony during the ISIC Event.
The ISIC Award winner receives a 10,000 EUR (USD 13,500) financial contribution to support the continuation of their outstanding work.
Purpose of the ISIC Award
Becoming a student in many countries remains a luxury that not everyone can attain. The ISIC Association wants to ensure individuals who aspire to participate in higher education have the help and resources to enable them to do so. The intention of the ISIC Award is to support existing education accessibility initiatives.
Each year the ISIC Award winner is nominated and selected by ISICs global partners, card issuers and students worldwide.
The 2016 ISIC Award
Four finalists shortlisted for this year’s ISIC Award were:
- The Cangdong Heritage Education project
- CISV International
- International Student Exchange Program, ISEP
- International Federation of Medical Student’s Associations, IFMSA
All four finalists were selected based on the following criteria:
- Proven successful results in the area of improving education accessibility
- Overall impact and contribution to the area of improving education accessibility
- A focus on higher (tertiary) education
- Alignment with the mission, activities, and primary segment of the ISIC Association
- Demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
- Geographical scope of activities (multi-region or international reach favourable).
The 2016 ISIC Award winner
The ISIC Association and MasterCard were pleased to announce that the International Student Exchange Programmes, ISEP was selected as the winner of the 2016 ISIC Award. The worthy winner was announced during a special ISIC Award Ceremony and Reception on 12 May during the final evening of the 2016 ISIC Event in Toronto, Canada.
For more information on the 2016 ISIC Award winner, please read the press release.
For more information about the ISIC Award and nomination procedure please contact us.
Previous ISIC Award winners
- 2015 ISIC Award: edX, an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners everywhere.
- 2014 ISIC Award: Institute of International Education (IIE), An independent not-for-profit founded in 1919, IIE is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations.
- 2013 ISIC Award: University of the People (UoPeople), a global non-profit, degree-granting, tuition- free online university dedicated to opening the gates to higher education for all individuals otherwise constrained.
- 2012 ISIC Award: International Association of Universities (IAU), the worldwide association of higher education institutions.
- 2011 ISIC Award: AIESEC, the world’s largest youth-run organisation, providing students with leadership opportunities and internship and development programmes.